- This topic is empty.
November 4, 2020 at 2:49 pm #8203Berit VaughnGuest
The Water Knife
by Paolo Bacigalupi
- Publisher: Knopf
- Places: Phoenix, Arizona
- Release date: May 26, 2015
- Genres: fiction, dystopia, thriller, fantasy
- Author: Paolo Bacigalupi
- ISBN: 9780385352871 (0385352875)
- Format: hardcover, 371 pages
- Characters: Angel Velasquez, Maria Villarosa, Lucy Monroe, Julio, Toomie
- Language: english
- Awards: John W. Campbell Memorial Award Nominee for Best Science Fiction Novel (2016), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Science Fiction (2015), Seiun Award 星雲賞 Nominee for Best Translated Novel (2016)
About The Book
In the American Southwest, Nevada, Arizona, and California skirmish for dwindling shares of the Colorado River. Into the fray steps Angel Velasquez, leg-breaker, assassin, and spy. A Las Vegas water knife, Angel “cuts” water for his boss, Catherine Case, ensuring that her luxurious developments can bloom in the desert, so the rich can stay wet while the poor get dust. When rumors of a game-changing water source surface in drought-ravaged Phoenix, it seems California is making a play to monopolize the life-giving flow of the river, and Angel is sent to investigate. There, he encounters Lucy Monroe, a drought-hardened journalist, and Maria Villarosa, a young refugee who survives by her wits in a city that despises everything she represents. For Angel, Lucy, and Maria, time is running out and their only hope for survival rests in each other’s hands. But when water is more valuable than gold, alliances shift like sand, and the only thing for certain is that someone will have to bleed if anyone hopes to drink.
FictionBook ebook The Water Knife buy cheap on iOS on Dymocks. MOBI The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi read. Hardback book The Water Knife download for iPad on Audible. Online The Water Knife Paolo Bacigalupi.