- This topic is empty.
November 3, 2020 at 3:44 am #7739Abbie BelangerGuest
by Jericho Brown
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9781556594861 (1556594860)
- Genres: poetry, lgbt, queer, race, fiction, adult, contemporary
- Release date: April 2, 2019
- Awards: Pulitzer Prize for Poetry (2020), National Book Critics Circle Award Nominee for Poetry (2019), National Book Award Finalist for Poetry (2019)
- Author: Jericho Brown
- Format: paperback, 77 pages
- Publisher: Copper Canyon Press
About The Book
Jericho Brown’s daring new book The Tradition details the normalization of evil and its history at the intersection of the past and the personal. Brown’s poetic concerns are both broad and intimate, and at their very core a distillation of the incredibly human: What is safety? Who is this nation? Where does freedom truly lie? Brown makes mythical pastorals to question the terrors to which we’ve become accustomed, and to celebrate how we survive. Poems of fatherhood, legacy, blackness, queerness, worship, and trauma are propelled into stunning clarity by Brown’s mastery, and his invention of the duplex―a combination of the sonnet, the ghazal, and the blues―testament to his formal skill. The Tradition is a cutting and necessary collection, relentless in its quest for survival while revelling in a celebration of contradiction.
MOBI ebook The Tradition Jericho Brown download on PocketBook. FictionBook book The Tradition buy cheap on Audible. Paperback The Tradition for PC on Kobo.