- This topic is empty.
November 2, 2020 at 11:09 am #7498Beverly CarderGuest
The Great Believers
by Rebecca Makkai
- Author: Rebecca Makkai
- Genres: fiction, lgbt, queer, contemporary, historical, novels
- Format: paperback, 421 pages
- Release date: June 4, 2019
- Awards: Pulitzer Prize Nominee for Fiction (2019), Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Fiction (2018), Andrew Carnegie Medal for Fiction (2019), National Book Award Finalist for Fiction (2018), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Historical Fiction (2018)
- Characters: Yale Tishman, Fiona Marcus/Blanchard, Richard Campo, Charlie Keene
- Language: english
- Places: Chicago, Illinois, Egg Harbor, Wisconsin, Paris
- Publisher: Penguin Books
- ISBN: 9780735223530 (073522353X)
About The Book
A dazzling new novel of friendship and redemption in the face of tragedy and loss set in 1980s Chicago and contemporary Paris
In 1985, Yale Tishman, the development director for an art gallery in Chicago, is about to pull off an amazing coup, bringing in an extraordinary collection of 1920s paintings as a gift to the gallery. Yet as his career begins to flourish, the carnage of the AIDS epidemic grows around him. One by one, his friends are dying and after his friend Nico’s funeral, the virus circles closer and closer to Yale himself. Soon the only person he has left is Fiona, Nico’s little sister.
Thirty years later, Fiona is in Paris tracking down her estranged daughter who disappeared into a cult. While staying with an old friend, a famous photographer who documented the Chicago crisis, she finds herself finally grappling with the devastating ways AIDS affected her life and her relationship with her daughter. The two intertwining stories take us through the heartbreak of the eighties and the chaos of the modern world, as both Yale and Fiona struggle to find goodness in the midst of disaster.
The Great Believers has become a critically acclaimed, indelible piece of literature; it was selected as one of New York Times Best 10 Books of the Year, a Washington Post Notable Book, a Buzzfeed Book of the Year, a Skimm Reads pick, and a pick for the New York Public Library’s Best Books of the year.
MP3 The Great Believers Rebecca Makkai download on Walmart. EPUB book The Great Believers buy cheap on Kindle. Paperback ebook The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai PocketBook on Book Depository. Hardback book The Great Believers read online.
PDF The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai buy on IndieBound. FB2 ebook The Great Believers for reader. MOBI The Great Believers read Android on Bookshop. Online ebook The Great Believers Rebecca Makkai download.