- This topic is empty.
November 4, 2020 at 6:05 am #8117Ginger CarderGuest
My Name Is Lucy Barton
by Elizabeth Strout
- Series: Amgash, #1
- Awards: Booker Prize Nominee for Longlist (2016), NAIBA Book of the Year for Fiction (2016), Women’s Prize for Fiction Nominee for Longlist (2016), Andrew Carnegie Medal Nominee for Fiction (2017), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Fiction (2016)
- Release date: January 12, 2016
- Author: Elizabeth Strout
- Format: hardcover, 193 pages
- Publisher: Random House
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9781400067695 (1400067693)
- Genres: fiction, contemporary, family, novels, adult, american
About The Book
Lucy Barton is recovering slowly from what should have been a simple operation. Her mother, to whom she hasn’t spoken for many years, comes to see her. Her unexpected visit forces Lucy to confront the tension and longing that have informed every aspect of her life: her impoverished childhood in Amgash, Illinois, her escape to New York and her desire to become a writer, her faltering marriage, her love for her two daughters.
Knitting this powerful narrative together is the brilliant storytelling voice of Lucy herself: keenly observant, deeply human, and truly unforgettable. In My Name Is Lucy Barton, one of America’s finest writers shows how a simple hospital visit illuminates the most tender relationship of all-the one between mother and daughter.
PDF ebook My Name Is Lucy Barton download for iPhone. Paperback book My Name Is Lucy Barton Elizabeth Strout on Books-a-Million. MOBI My Name Is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout buy cheap on Audible.