- This topic is empty.
November 6, 2020 at 5:59 pm #8588Ginny HenkelGuest
The Big Sleep
(Philip Marlowe, #1)
by Raymond Chandler
- Series: Philip Marlowe, #1
- Genres: mystery, fiction, classics, crime, noir, detective, thriller, novels, american
- Places: Los Angeles, California, California
- Author: Raymond Chandler
- Release date: July 12, 1988
- Characters: Philip Marlowe, Vivian Regan, Carmen Sternwood, General Guy Sternwood, Eddie Mars
- Format: paperback, 231 pages
- Language: english
- Awards: Anthony Award Nominee for Best Novel of the Century (2000)
- ISBN: 9780394758282 (0394758285)
- Publisher: Vintage Crime
About The Book
Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid….He is the hero; he is everything. He must be a complete man and a common man and yet an unusual man.
This is the Code of the Private Eye as defined by Raymond Chandler in his 1944 essay ‘The Simple Act of Murder.’ Such a man was Philip Marlowe, private eye, an educated, heroic, streetwise, rugged individualist and the hero of Chandler’s first novel, The Big Sleep. This work established Chandler as the master of the ‘hard-boiled’ detective novel, and his articulate and literary style of writing won him a large audience, which ranged from the man in the street to the most sophisticated intellectual.
EPUB book The Big Sleep read PocketBook on Dymocks. Online ebook The Big Sleep Raymond Chandler. FictionBook The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler download on Android on Powells.