- This topic is empty.
November 10, 2020 at 3:10 am #9334Jules LittleGuest
Love Is the Higher Law
by David Levithan
- ISBN: 9780375834684 (0375834680)
- Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Places: New York City, New York, New York State
- Author: David Levithan
- Genres: lgbt, contemporary, fiction, romance, teen, queer, gay
- Format: hardcover, 176 pages
- Characters: Peter Duchene, Claire Amadeus, Jasper Renn
- Language: english
- Awards: Lincoln Award Nominee (2012), Margaret A. Edwards Award (2016)
- Release date: August 25, 2009
About The Book
First there is a Before, and then there is an After… .
The lives of three teens — Claire, Jasper, and Peter — are altered forever on September 11, 2001. Claire, a high school junior, has to get to her younger brother in his classroom. Jasper, a college sophomore from Brooklyn, wakes to his parents’ frantic calls from Korea, wondering if he’s okay. Peter, a classmate of Claire’s, has to make his way back to school as everything happens around him.
Here are three teens whose intertwining lives are reshaped by this catastrophic event. As each gets to know the other, their moments become wound around each other’s in a way that leads to new understandings, new friendships, and new levels of awareness for the world around them and the people close by.
David Levithan has written a novel of loss and grief, but also one of hope and redemption as his characters slowly learn to move forward in their lives, despite being changed forever.
Hardback Love Is the Higher Law buy on iPhone. Hardcover book Love Is the Higher Law David Levithan read on Bookshop. FB2 ebook Love Is the Higher Law by David Levithan download for Mac on Books-a-Million. FictionBook Love Is the Higher Law. Online book Love Is the Higher Law read online reader on Book Depository.