- This topic is empty.
November 3, 2020 at 2:26 pm #7883Angela HulseyGuest
by Banana Yoshimoto, Megan Backus
- Places: Tokyo, Izu, Isehara
- Characters: Mikage Sakurai, Yūichi, Eriko
- Awards: Nihon University Department of Arts Prize (1986), Kaien magazine New Writer Prize (1987), Mishima Yukio Prize 三島由紀夫賞 Nominee (1988)
- Format: paperback, 160 pages
- ISBN: 9780802142443 (0802142443)
- Genres: fiction, japan, contemporary, asia, novels, literature, romance
- Publisher: Grove Press
- Author: Banana Yoshimoto, Megan Backus
- Release date: April 17, 2006
- Language: english
About The Book
Banana Yoshimoto’s novels have made her a sensation in Japan and all over the world, and Kitchen, the dazzling English-language debut that is still her best-loved book, is an enchantingly original and deeply affecting book about mothers, love, tragedy, and the power of the kitchen and home in the lives of a pair of free-spirited young women in contemporary Japan. Mikage, the heroine of Kitchen, is an orphan raised by her grandmother, who has passed away. Grieving, she is taken in by her friend Yoichi and his mother (who was once his father), Eriko. As the three of them form an improvised family that soon weathers its own tragic losses, Yoshimoto spins a lovely, evocative tale that recalls early Marguerite Duras. Kitchen and its companion story, “Moonlight Shadow,” are elegant tales whose seeming simplicity is the ruse of a writer whose voice echoes in the mind and the soul.
Hardback book Kitchen buy cheap iPhone. Paperback Kitchen Banana Yoshimoto on Barnes & Noble. PDF ebook Kitchen read on Kindle on Booktopia.
MP3 ebook Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto download. FB2 book Kitchen Banana Yoshimoto read online for PC on Bookshop. MOBI Kitchen download.