- This topic is empty.
November 6, 2020 at 7:56 pm #8603Apostle CharlesGuest
The Light of the World
by Elizabeth Alexander
- Author: Elizabeth Alexander
- Language: english
- Release date: April 21, 2015
- Awards: Pulitzer Prize Nominee for Biography or Autobiography (2016), National Book Critics Circle Award Nominee for Autobiography (2015), Hurston/Wright Legacy Award Nominee for Nonfiction (Finalist) (2016)
- Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
- Genres: memoir, poetry, biography, death, autobiography, art, womens, adult
- Format: hardcover, 209 pages
- ISBN: 9781455599875 (1455599875)
About The Book
In The Light of the World, Elizabeth Alexander finds herself at an existential crossroads after the sudden death of her husband. Channeling her poetic sensibilities into a rich, lucid prose, Alexander tells a love story that is, itself, a story of loss. As she reflects on the beauty of her married life, the trauma resulting from her husband’s death, and the solace found in caring for her two teenage sons, Alexander universalizes a very personal quest for meaning and acceptance in the wake of loss.
The Light of the World is at once an endlessly compelling memoir and a deeply felt meditation on the blessings of love, family, art, and community. It is also a lyrical celebration of a life well-lived and a paean to the priceless gift of human companionship. For those who have loved and lost, or for anyone who cares what matters most, The Light of the World is required reading.
FictionBook ebook The Light of the World Elizabeth Alexander read for iOS. Hardback book The Light of the World buy cheap on Book Depository. PDF The Light of the World by Elizabeth Alexander download Android.