• Author: Tim Lihoreau
    • Release date: June 1, 2012
    • Publisher: Elliott Thompson
    • Genres: humor
    • ISBN: 9781907642371 (1907642374)
    • Language: english
    • Format: hardcover, 224 pages

About The Book

The shady details of our darkest schadenfreude pleasures, including “turparphilia” — to delight in the less than aesthetically beautiful nature of a friend’s offspring 

We might not like to admit to it, but everyone — even the gentlest of souls — derives a secret guilty satisfaction from the misfortune of others. Tim Lihoreau has made it his business to uncover the myriad ways in which schadenfreude rears its wicked head, including “nimbuphilia” (to delight in driving wildly through a curb-side puddle which you know to be too close to a pedestrian) and “famaphilia” (to delight in witnessing a celebrity in an everyday pickle). He also discusses the particular delights of highlighting a person’s mispronunciation (by pronouncing it properly), having a seat on the train while those around you stand, and being loud during another’s hangover. Naming, defining, and explaining each one in turn with fascinating insights and erudite wit, this book drives at the heart of what it is we find so irresistibly delightful when faced with others’ discomfort.

I was just about to cast [the book] from me in a righteous rage when I realised there were delights that really rang a bell with me. Damn. The delight in seeing a fare-dodger caught out, for example (locluxophilia) well, I can’t deny it. I am the daughter of a very Old Testament kind of mother, and as such, I positively rejoice in a comeuppance. — Lynne Truss, Saga magazine

MP3 ebook Schadenfreude by Tim Lihoreau download Kindle. MOBI Schadenfreude on Audible. Hardback book Schadenfreude Tim Lihoreau buy.

Paperback ebook Schadenfreude read on PC on IndieBound. PDF Schadenfreude Tim Lihoreau buy cheap for PocketBook. FictionBook book Schadenfreude read online on Booktopia.

Hardcover ebook Schadenfreude. FB2 book Schadenfreude by Tim Lihoreau download iPad on Amazon. TXT Schadenfreude buy cheap on Dymocks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: (FB2) Schadenfreude
Your information: