- This topic is empty.
November 2, 2020 at 11:52 pm #7683Arshad WadeGuest
by Charles Frazier
- Author: Charles Frazier
- Places: United States of America, North Carolina, Virginia
- Publisher: Grove Press
- Genres: fiction, historical, romance, war, classics, literature, novels
- Language: english
- Format: paperback, 356 pages
- ISBN: 9780802142849 (0802142842)
- Awards: National Book Award for Fiction (1997), American Booksellers Book Of The Year Award for Adult Trade (1998), Exclusive Books Boeke Prize (1998), Sue Kaufman Prize for First Fiction (1998), Chicago Tribune Heartland Prize for Fiction (1997)
- Release date: September 1, 2006
About The Book
Cold Mountain is a novel about a soldier’s perilous journey back to his beloved near the Civil War’s end. At once a love story & a harrowing account of one man’s long walk home, Cold Mountain introduces a new talent in American literature.
Based on local history & family stories passed down by Frazier’s great-great-grandfather, Cold Mountain is the tale of a wounded Confederate soldier, Inman, who walks away from the ravages of the war & back home to his prewar sweetheart, Ada. His odyssey thru the devastated landscape of the soon-to-be-defeated South interweaves with Ada’s struggle to revive her father’s farm, with the help of an intrepid young drifter named Ruby. As their long-separated lives begin to converge at the close of the war, Inman & Ada confront the vastly transformed world they’ve been delivered.
Frazier reveals insight into human relations with the land & the dangers of solitude. He also shares with the great 19th century novelists a keen observation of a society undergoing change. Cold Mountain recreates a world gone by that speaks to our time.
Hardback Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier read on PocketBook on Walmart. MP3 book Cold Mountain. EPUB ebook Cold Mountain buy cheap PC on Kobo. Hardcover ebook Cold Mountain Charles Frazier download. TXT book Cold Mountain for Android.